What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to MODERN LAWN COMPANY, Unit H, Furtho Manor Farm, Old Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK19 6AH.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Actual cookies deployed
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
- Cookie Category Cookie Name Cookie Description
- Google _utma A Google Analytics cookie, which keeps track of the number of times, a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
- _utmb A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site.
- _utmc A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site.
- _utmv Used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor.
- _utmz A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords used, and where in the world the site was accessed from.
- PREF, NID This cookie is set by Google Maps when you load a map of our location
- AddThis loc, uid/uit, psc, di/dt, atuvc/bt/ssc/ssh/sshs/xtc Allows users to share content via Social Networking websites and email
- WordPress wp-settings, wp-settings-time- This is a cookie is to verify if you are logged into the website or not.
- wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in WordPress cookie for a logged in user.
- comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url When you enter a comment on this site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email and website address.
- Woo Commece CART The association with your shopping cart.
- CATEGORY_INFO Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
- COMPARE The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
- CURRENCY Your preferred currency
- CUSTOMER An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
- CUSTOMER_AUTH An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
- CUSTOMER_INFO An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS Stores the Customer Segment ID
- EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
- FRONTEND You session ID on the server.
- GUEST-VIEW Allows guests to edit their orders.
- LAST_CATEGORY The last category you visited.
- LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product you have viewed.
- NEWMESSAGE Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- NO_CACHE Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
- POLL The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
- POLLN Information on what polls you have voted on.
- RECENTLYCOMPARED The items that you have recently compared.
- STF Information on products you have emailed to friends.
- STORE The store view or language you have selected.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS The products that you have recently viewed.
How to disable cookies
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many anti-spyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. As mentioned earlier in this page you can also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.